Why do I need a business coach?
- A great business coach is one who’s background reveals they have been a successful entrepreneur.
- A great business coach is a self-starter who has tested this attribute and needs to be in the top 10 of their skills. Your coach must be a lifelong learner who has earned awards and certificates of learned skills. These certificates need to be ones that require re-certification at least every two years. They need to show they are working on their stills by regular testing, showing they excel at problem solving and are growing in knowledge and skills.
- A business coach should be able to truly have helped the majority of the business they are helping.
Benefits of the Des Moines Alternative Board
- There are currently four business owner professional boards in the Des Moines area. No competing business owners are on the same board.
- The men and women on the boards have between 10-40 years of experience and are actively running at least one business.
No matter what kind of business, 85% of business ownership issues are very similar.
- Benefit from camaraderie with men and women who share your drive and desire to do more.
- The board members challenge your thinking, helping you make you make more good decisions than bad ones. They help you think things through more thoroughly and help illuminate the fuzzy areas that are not clear or fully researched.
- Learn how to make your business more of a business asset rather than owning a job. We work on the 8 key areas that build business value for resale at some point.
We all need accountability, who does that with you at work?
- Learn new approaches to a variety of topics:
- Every year we read and discuss a business related book and learn how to apply it to our own work environment.
- We help you to apply the E.O.S. principles taught in Gino Wickman’s book, Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business and discuss application in your situation.
- Another key book discussed is Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Built to Sell by John Warrillow has been transforming for several of our business owners.
- The concepts from Good to Great by Jim Collins, have also played a role in many business environments.
- We learn how to accomplish goals on a timely basis
- We process how to clearly identify, and live a better, more fulfilling life
- Get your personal vision written down and keep it in focus with help from your one-on-one coach
- Learn how to get staff and managers working towards the same goals.
Do you know someone who could benefit from a 15-minute discussion about Business Coaching and what it offers? Let us know!