Why do I need a business coach?
- I want to work with someone who is, and has been, a successful entrepreneur and understands the complexity and struggles of business growth.
- I want the opportunity to share business training, knowledge, and experience with others who have solved, or are in the midst of solving, similar business issues.
- I need to be in a group of like-minded people who can help me see my “blind side”. To help me with what I don’t know that I don’t know.
Benefits of the Des Moines Alternative Board
- There are currently four business owner professional boards in the Des Moines area. No competing business owners are on the same board.
- The men and women on the boards have between 10-40 years of experience and are actively running at least one business.
No matter what kind of business, 85% of business ownership issues are very similar.
- Benefit from camaraderie with men and women who share your drive and desire to do more.
- The board members challenge your thinking, helping you make you make more good decisions than bad ones. They help you think things through more thoroughly and help illuminate the fuzzy areas that are not clear or fully researched.
- Learn how to make your business more of a business asset rather than owning a job. We work on the 8 key areas that build business value for resale at some point.
We all need accountability, who does that with you at work?
- Learn new approaches to a variety of topics:
- Every year we read and discuss a business related book and learn how to apply it to our own work environment.
- We help you to apply the E.O.S. principles taught in Gino Wickman’s book, Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business and discuss application in your situation.
- Another key book discussed is Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Built to Sell by John Warrillow has been transforming for several of our business owners.
- The concepts from Good to Great by Jim Collins, have also played a role in many business environments.
- We learn how to accomplish goals on a timely basis
- We process how to clearly identify, and live a better, more fulfilling life
- Get your personal vision written down and keep it in focus with help from your one-on-one coach
- Learn how to get staff and managers working towards the same goals.
Do you know someone who could benefit from a 15-minute discussion about Business Coaching and what it offers? Let us know!